Have you met the Ivory Tower Software Architect?
He lives in a perfect world. He can solve all problems without touching a line of code. His system designs never fail, because they only run in his mind.
The Ivory Tower Architect lives in a perfect world.
- He can solve all of a team's problems without touching a line of code.
- He can redesign entire systems without knowing any implementation specifics.
- He never has to write actual production code to know what needs to be done.
His system designs never fail, because they only run in his mind.
These architects fail to make a real impact because they never get their hands dirty.
They often make a bad situation worse.
- A lack of real world experience.
- An organization that isolates architects from developers.
- Or it could just be a massive, unchecked ego.
Whatever the reason, this isn't the type of software architect you want.
You need an architect that understands your specific needs.
And you can't do that without getting your hands dirty.
Do you need a software architect who's not afraid to get his hands dirty?
An architect who has a wealth of experience to advise from?
I can help. Contact me for a consultation.